Sunday, March 18, 2007

Cure

This is one movie that doesn't give cut and dried answers - and you had better pay close attention during some sequences, or you're likely to miss something. When the credits began to roll, I must admit I was left scratching my head. And happily, not in a pretentious, Tomie kind of way (if you've seen that movie, you'll probably know what I mean - the comic book might have been better, but man, did I hate that movie's ending).

This movie starts as a rather straight-ahead detective type movie - with a minor twist that you'll see in the first few minutes...it quickly gets rather odd, however, but it does tend to hang together. Some sequences were evocative of some of Argento's more lucid stuff - dreamy, but not unexplainable.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?